Forces@WORK is an Employment Placement Service offered through Prospect Human Services, an organization backed by over 50 years of experience in managing transitions to civilian employment. Prospect started out serving members of Canada’s military by offering a place for World War II veterans and veterans of the Korean War to connect to the community and the workforce. Our understanding of the unique challenges associated with transitioning from military to civilian life has defined a part of who we are. Backed by a solid track record of successful career placements, extensive knowledge in workplace accommodations, and an extensive employer network, Prospect is recognized as a leader in connecting employers to employees.
Forces@WORK offers a complete range of services designed to aid a smooth transition from military to civilian employment.
- Direct placement services.
- Employment retention supports.
- Effective repositioning of skills, résumé assistance, and interview preparation.
- Individualized service; one-to-one support.
- Cultural transition supports.
- Access to assistive technologies, accommodations, and resources.
- Support understanding labour market forecasts.
Who We Serve
Any transitioning member of the Canadian Forces is eligible.
If you are ready to get to work, want to leverage the skills you gained in the military and retain the quality of life you have earned, contact your IPSC Services Coordinator at 780.973.4011 ext. 5755 for a referral.
Why Work with Us?
- We worked with former and serving members of the military to design the program.
- We know which industries and employers are hiring now and in the future.
- We can put you directly in touch with employers looking to hire now.
- We provide placement and retention supports that make sense for both the employer and the employee.
- We work extensively with employers to help them understand how to recognize the skills you bring to the table.
- Our broad network of employers offers opportunities ranging from trades and labour to professional positions.
- We will customize our services to your individual requirements.
- Our experienced team is easily accessible and will keep you updated on your services.
- We offer both in-person and online services. You can communicate with us anytime, anywhere.
- Forces@WORK is offered to members of the military and employers at no cost.